Youth Work Association
Youth Work Association
Gençlik Çalışmaları Derneği
Kuştepe Mah. Bestekar Şakir Ağa Sok. No:8/2 Şişli İstanbul, 34381, Istanbul, Turkeywww.youth.org.tr - +905061379900
description of organisation
Youth Work Association (Turkish:Gençlik Çalışmaları Derneği) (GENCA) was established on 18th July 2014 by a group of youth worker in order to enable and develop the youth information and youth work. We are aiming to establish new partnerships with individuals and organizations which are working in this field, take responsibility to be executive and develop their activities which will be implemented via cultural, sport and art activities.
GENCA is an independent, non-profit organization that provides practical solutions to the challenge of integrating environmental and social priorities with economic development. We report on international negotiations, conduct rigorous research, and engage citizens, businesses and policy-makers on the shared goal of developing sustainably.
Organization directs its work mainly towards the target group consisted of especially socially and economically disadvantaged young people aged 15-30.
Activities with the following aim(s);
- to fight with hate speech, exclusion and ethnocentrism and xenophobia
- Supporting personal and social development of young people
- Promoting active citizenship and democracy among the society
- Encouraging young people to take initiative and participate in democratic life
- inclusion and integration activities for disadvantaged young people and immigrants
Our working theme is art, sport and culture and main area is youth and human rights education.
Within this project, we will be the sending organization from Turkey and have below responsibilities;
- Selecting the suitable participants
- Preparing them for visa, passport, insurance and travelling
- Meeting participants before the activity in Turkey and informing them about Erasmus+ and Youthpass
- Helping them with the info about project
- Telling them about the host country’s culture and facts
- Asking a report and media elements from the activities
- After the event: asking them to write a blog about the activity, and publishing it online in our networks
- Meeting with our local volunteers and staff (including youth workers) to learn about outcomes of the project
- Disseminating the results of the project and cooperation with the media in national level
- Sharing results with the other relevant organizations
This organisation is willing to involve volunteers who face situations which make their participation in activities more difficult, from the following categories for different types of project:
|Inclusion category||Receiving projects||Sending projects||Coordinating projects||Hosting organisation||Supporting organisation|