European Youth Portal
Information and opportunities for young people across Europe.

Your Europe – living, working & travelling in the EU

Your Europe information and advice on your rights
47800770 - © - olly
Wondering what formalities you’ll have to go through when you move to another EU country? Will you have to register? Can you claim benefits? What if your flight is cancelled? Your Europe has the answer!

The Your Europe website is full of information and advice on life, work and travel in the EU. The main themes are travel, work and retirement, vehicles, residence formalities, education and youth, health, family and consumers. There is also a whole separate section around doing business

Cannot find the answer to your question here? In this case you can still contact Your Europe Advice, a team of independent legal experts who can:

  • provide free and personalised advice in your language, within a week
  • clarify which country’s laws apply to you
  • explain how you can exercise your EU rights

Your Europe Advice offers advice to the public, and this is provided by the legal experts from the European Citizen Action Service (ECAS) operating under contract with the European Commission. The team of around 60 independent lawyers cover all official EU languages and are knowledgeable both in EU law and national laws from all EU countries. 


You can ask your question in your preferred way: 

  1. online via the web form
  2. by phone to Europe Direct, calling the number 00800 6 7 8 9 10 11 for free from anywhere in the EU

Before submitting your question however you should check what questions Your Europe can help with.



Published: Fri, 10/10/2014 - 17:07

Tweet Button: 

Info for young people in the western balkans

Need expert help or advice?

Ask us!