Euroguidance supports internationalisation of guidance and counselling
Euroguidance is a European network of national resource and information centres for guidance. Euroguidance centres operate in about 34 countries. All Euroguidance centres share two common goals:
- to promote the European dimension in guidance
- to provide quality information on lifelong guidance and mobility for learning purposes
The main target group of Euroguidance is guidance practitioners and policy makers from both the educational and employment sectors in all European countries.
The emphasis of the activity and the concrete tasks of the Euroguidance centres vary in different countries. Common activities are:
Promoting European dimension in the field of guidance
- Euroguidance supports national and international networking of guidance practitioners by organising seminars, training and study visits on different themes,
- Euroguidance promotes cooperation among different stakeholders in guidance and education
- Euroguidance supports developing the European dimension in the national guidance systems in cooperation with the European Lifelong Guidance Policy Network (ELGPN)
Providing quality information on lifelong guidance and mobility for learning purposes
Euroguidance collects, disseminates and exchanges information on
- international mobility opportunities
- education, training and guidance systems in the EU and EEA member states and the candidate countries
- European initiatives and programmes within the field of education, training and mobility
- project results, innovative working methods and good practice in the field of lifelong guidance
The staff of the Euroguidance centres answers queries submitted through Ploteus – the European portal on learning opportunities
Euroguidance centres are partly financed by European commission’s Lifelong Learning Programme and partly by national funding sources.
For Euroguidance Turkey, please check website.