Concentrating on chemistry and physics, Xperimania aims to boost young people’s interest in science, which is a priority for Europe to remain a knowledge-based economy fostering innovation. Xperimania helps students in secondary school classes (pupils aged 10-20) and their teachers to understand the wide variety of applications of chemistry, and how this fascinating science has contributed to the evolution of many day-to-day items. Participating in the following activities provides students with a unique opportunity to stimulate their scientific and analytical skills.
Teachers and students are invited to participate in the following activities:
- Equality: take part in 2 competitions, related to this year’s theme of the IYC: “Chemistry – our life, our future”. Xperimania is running these competitions to increase female student interest in Chemistry
- Xperimania Science Ambassadors: check out all the activities conducted in the workshops, with inspiring and interactive chemistry and physics experiments
- Check out the property: investigate the properties of a familiar object through simple hands-on experiments
- Timeline of everyday objects: read-up on past discoveries and present the scientists’ findings
- Hands on experiments: set up an easy and fun experiment related to petrochemistry and materials, and upload lab reports on this website
The content of Xperimania is available in 6 languages: English, French, German, Italian, Polish and Spanish. However teachers and pupils from all European countries are warmly invited to participate!