World Bank Youth Professionals Programme
Programme and objectives
This Program is designed for highly qualified and motivated individuals skilled in areas relevant to the World Bank's operations such as, economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, and natural resource management.
Candidates need to demonstrate a commitment to development, proven academic success, professional achievement, and leadership capability. We value diversity in our workplace, and encourage qualified men and women with diverse professional, academic and cultural backgrounds to apply.
Selected Young Professionals spend 24 months in a structured training program, and enjoy a wealth of benefits and opportunities. Overall this is an chance to experience development and gain exposure to the World Bank?s operations and policies.
The following are minimum requirements to be eligible for the Young Professionals Program:
- Be 32 years of age or younger (i.e. born on or after 1 October 1982);
- Have a Master?s degree or equivalent;
- Be fluent in English;
- Be fully proficient in one or more of the Bank?s working languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish;
- Specialize in a field relevant to the World Bank?s operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, and natural resource management;
- Have at least 3 years of relevant experience at the policy level or continued academic study at the doctoral level.
Each year a very high number of candidates apply for a limited number of positions. Please note that this is a 9-month process and it is expected that the selected candidates will join in September of the following year (i.e. Candidates applying on 1 May through 30 June, if selected, will be expected to join in September).
Candidates who are offered a position in the YPP have two (2) weeks to respond. Offers are only binding for the current recruitment year and do not extend to the following year.
- 1 May - 30 June: Applications are received and reviewed against the selection criteria.
- July - November: Candidates are selected on a rolling basis. Candidates selected are asked to submit additional documents.
- December - January: Candidates are interviewed. Candidates are selected for interviews based on detailed application.
- February: Successful candidates are submitted to the final Selection Committee by mid February.
- March: Candidates are selected for employment as Young Professionals. Candidates are notified of their selection in mid March.
- September: Selected Young Professionals join the World Bank.
Deadline: every year on the 30 June. For further information, please check the website.