The Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship programme
The Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) is affiliated to NFTE International. The NFTE programme originated in the USA and was brought to Ireland in 2004.
Involvement in the NFTE programme has been shown to improve the business, academic and life skills of young people. Foróige NFTE is committed to changing the lives of young people in disadvantaged communities by enabling them to develop core skills in business and enterprise, and in doing so help them to unlock their individual talents and potential.
During the Foróige NFTE programme students:
- Study all aspects of starting and successfully running a business
- Receive a seed grant to start their business
- Visit wholesalers to buy their business supplies
- Engage with entrepreneurs, social entrepreneurs, business executives, community leaders
- Visit local & national companies
- Work with business corporate mentors
- Sell their products at the NFTE Class Trade Fair
- Prepare and present their business plan to a panel of judges
- Winners are recognized at the All Island Youth Entrepreneurship Awards
The programme is delivered to young people from 12 to 18 years of age through schools and youth centres throughout Ireland and runs from September to May.
Visit yur nearest Foroige club to find out more.