The right to non-discrimination is fundamental to all citizens. Though it may come in many forms, discrimination is beatable in today’s world.
Organisations leading the way
Combatting discrimination is of benefit to all of society, so why not find out how you can get involved with organisations who work tirelessly to do so?
Below are just some examples of groups who undertake terrific projects to fight discrimination:
- Amnesty International
- AGE Platform Europe
- European Network Against Racism (ENAR)
- European Disability Forum (EDF)
- European Network of Equality Bodies (Equinet)
- International Lesbian and Gay Association - Europe (ILGA)
- International Lesbian and Gay Youth Organisation (IGLYO)
- European Roma information office (ERIO)
- Transgender Europe (TGEU)
Many of these organisations receive funding from the European Commission, who are playing their part to end discrimination!
Your Community in action
Many great initiatives have been launched to fight discrimination in our community. Check out some great examples of ordinary people committing to protecting the rights of other!