Your EVS Challenge!: The First Partners´Meeting
With the goal of collectively designing and planning the activities that will take place over the course of the 2 years of the project, all the different partners (from Spain, France, Portugal, the UK and Sweden) met in Madrid from the 26th to the 28th of February. This meeting also featured appearances from the Spanish National Agency and the Youth Department of Madrid City Council.
This strategic volunteering project will allow young people with fewer opportunities to experience a mobility program over the course of 1 or 2 months in another European country, the idea being that they develop both their personal and professional skills.
The activities that will be carried out also seek to boost multilingualism and the awareness of Europe as diverse and inclusive, to combat racism and xenophobia, as well as to promote the Erasmus+ program. This first meeting has laid the foundations to ensure a quality project, and get the ball rolling to create an experience that will have a significant impact both on our young people, and those of the participating organisations.
To find out more about the involved organisations, have a look at their respective websites:
- Coordinadora Infantil y Juvenil de Tiempo Libre de Vallecas (Spain): http:// www.coordinadora.org.es/
- Fundación Balia por la Infancia (Spain): https://fundacionbalia.org/
- Europa Joven Madrid: http//:www.europajoven.org/
- Solidarités Jeunesses (France): https://www.solidaritesjeunesses.org/
- Associação Social Recreativa Juventude de Vila Fonche (Portugal): http://juventude.arcosv.pt/
- A&M Achieve More Scotland (UK): http://www.aandm.org.uk/
- Iter - City of Göteborg (Sweden): http://goteborg.se/wps/portal/enhetssida/iter/!ut/p/z1/04_Sj9CPykssy0xPLMnMz0vMAfIjo8ziTYzcDQy9TAy93V1dTAwcQ30tAtzDXA38zYz1C7IdFQFOcViF/
Other links of interest:
Written by Eurodesk Qualified Multiplier, Europa Joven Madrid