Den europeiske ungdomsportalen
Informasjon og muligheter for unge i aldersgruppen 13 til 30.

Accreditation and credit recognition of non-universitary titles.

Homologación de títulos no universitarios
Homologación de títulos no universitarios
Get your Spanish GCSEs, arts or VCSEs studies recognition.

Accreditation vs recognition.

The accreditation or recognition of a title in an academic and professional frame is an administrative service which everybody can ask for the educational institutions of a given country. It can be requested by every citizen and for all the European and world titles.
On the other hand, a title recognition only can have professional validity and it only deals with EU citizens, EEA and Switzerland.
Which non-universitary titles can be accredited?

•    Official studies and titles released by a non-Spanish educational system.
•    Studies carried out in a Spanish foreign center that must be authorized by the Spanish government.
•    It is impossible to accredit titles accredited in a third party country.
•    The foreign title must be equivalent in duration and contents to a Spanish title as an academic frame of reference.
•    Exams will not be accredited. Whole grades will.

Accreditable Spanish titles.

•    Degree in lower secondary (in Spain, Educación Secundaria Obligatoria)
•    Secondary School Leaving Certificate (in Spain, Bachillerato).

Vocational levels.
•    Specialist title, (in Spain, Título de Técnico Medio)
•    High specialist title (in Spain, Título de Técnico Superior)
Professional Arts Education.
•    Music professional title
•    Dance professional title
•    Handcraft and drawing title
•    Handcraft and drawing high specialist title.
High professional arts education. Equivalent titles to:
•    Music studies or education
•    Dance studies or education
•    Dramatic Arts studies or education
•    Preservation and restoration of cultural heritage
•    Handcraft, including pottery and fiberglass
•    Draw
Sport education
•    Sport specialist and high sport specialist titles.

Non-accreditable titles.
•    Studies carried out in foreign centers in the Spanish country not included inside this normative:Real Decreto 806/1993, de 28 de mayo, sobre régimen de centros docentes extranjeros en España.
•    Foreign titles gotten inside Spanish centers not able to provide official titles.
•    Titles not part of the education system of the foreign country.

How to make it?

You have to know that it is not for free. Taxes between 23 and 95€.

You can find on the following link all the documents about the request.
The documents must be official, legal and with official translation to Spanish language.
Obligations about this on::

What about the request?

You can find the request form on:

Where to get information?
In Spain
•    Ministerio de Educación, Cultura y Deporte: Oficina de Atención al Ciudadano-Centro de Atención al Ciudadano (Ministry of Education, citizen assistance)
C/ Los Madrazo, 15  28071-Madrid
Phone: +34 91 327 76 81
Fax: +34 91 701 86 48 or +34 91 701 86 00
Consultas electrónicas, online questions
•    Departments of Higher Inspection of Education. Governmental congressman´s office in the Autonomous Communities and Provincial Directorates of Ministerio de Educación, Cultura y Deporte in Ceuta y Melilla.  
•    Equivalent authorities in the Autonomous Communities of Cataluña,Galicia and del País Vasco.
•    Education Offices in the Embassies of the Spanish territory.
•    Consulates of the Spanish Embassies.

Finally, any doubt can be solved on the following webpage: Ministerio de Educación del Gobierno de España.

Source: (Ministerio de Educación. Gobierno de España)

Written by Eurodesk Qualified Multiplier, Ayuntamiento de Albacete

Publisert: Man, 05/08/2013 - 13:39

Tweet Button: 

Info for young people in the western balkans

Trenger du eksperthjelp eller råd?

Ask us!