The general objective of the Erasmus+ Virtual Exchange initiative is to link young people (aged 18-30), youth workers, youth organisations, students, and academics from Europe and the South Mediterranean through online learning activities in order to strengthen people-to-people contacts and intercultural dialogue.
In particular, the initiative aims at:
- Encouraging intercultural dialogue and increasing tolerance through online people-to-people interactions, building on digital, youth-friendly technologies.
- Promoting various types of Virtual Exchange as a complement to Erasmus+ physical mobility, allowing more young people to benefit from intercultural and international experience.
- Enhancing critical thinking and media literacy, particularly in the use of the Internet and social media, to develop resistance to discrimination and indoctrination.
- Fostering the soft skills development of students, young people and youth workers, including the practice of foreign languages and teamwork, notably to enhance employability.
- Supporting the objectives of the 2015 Paris declaration to promote citizenship and the common values of freedom, tolerance and non-discrimination through education.
- Strengthening the youth dimension of the EU neighbouring policy with Southern Mediterranean countries.