The path to self-employment - first steps
If you have a business idea, you should create a plan, how you want to achieve your revenue and attract customers. Inform yourself thoroughly.
This is what you should ask yourself:
- Is self-employment really the right thing for me?
- Do I have enough expertise?
- Do I have experience in the field of work?
- Where do I get support? Are others standing behind me?
- Do I have the ambition and enough stamina for the project?
- Do I get along well with stress and strain?
This is what you have to consider:
- You will not receive a regular salary, and must negotiate your payment yourself
- Although you can take a holiday at any time, you have no paid vacation or sick pay in case of illness .
- If necessary, you have to pay business tax and take care of health insurance and retirement plans yourself.
- Under certain circumstances, you have to pay fees to the chambers and trade associations.
This is what you should bring along:
- economic, legal and tax expertise
- industry knowledge
- Basic understanding in areas of management, communication and strategic planning
Many aspects of self-employment can you acquire through trainings, consultations and coaching. A diverse range of training programs offer e.g. the Industrie- und Handelskammern (IHK) or the Handwerkskammern (HWK). What are the contact points for company founders to your residence, you can find out under https://www.existenzgruender.de/service/beratung-adressen/index.php.