European Youth Portal
Information and opportunities for young people across Europe.

Artists abroad – where do I get funding?

© Flickr, Maurice
You want to organize an exhibition abroad? You want to do training abroad or participate in an international exchange with other artists around the world? Keep reading to get information about funding opportunities!

The ifa (Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen) gives funding to exhibitions, international exchange programs of artists and awards scholarships. In addition the institute supervises the project “German Culture International” which gives you a detailed overview of funding opportunities for artists in Germany and abroad.


The European Union supports artists with the program Creative Europe which is subdivided into the categories Culture and Media. If you have questions about the program one of the many Creative Europe Desks across Europe can help you.


On the information portal touring artists internationally mobile artists can find information about visa, transport and customs regulations, taxes, insurance and copyright. In the funding database you can find about 300 programs of public agencies, foundations, associations and businesses that promote the international mobility of artists.


In addition you can consult the „Artguide Germany“ which provides a detailed overview of databases, public and private art sponsors and foundations, as well as funding opportunities to study abroad. Besides that the “Artguide Germany” informs about the art landscape and art scene of Germany.

Published: Wed, 14/05/2014 - 15:37

Tweet Button: 

Info for young people in the western balkans

Need expert help or advice?

Ask us!