We are the future, but we are also the present, and as such co-responsible for the decisions and actions of our society.
Who is Cyprus Young Greens?
We are the youth branch of the Cyprus Green Party. Our organisation was founded on the 31st of May 1997, during the first Pancyprian Council of the Cyprus Green Party.
We are members of the Counseling Body of the Cyprus Youth Board, full members of the Cyprus Youth Council, of the CDN Cooperation and Development Network and of the Cyprus Social Forum. We are also members of the Federation of Young European Greens (FYEG).
- To cultivate environmental awareness and application of environmental-friendly practices, such as saving energy, use of alternative sources, reduction, reuse and recycling of waste,
- To keep our members up to date on environmental issues that affect the local and international community, so as to increase their awareness and to involve them actively to try and reach a solution for these issues,
- Promote the philosophy of the green policy and of the world ecological movement,
- Promote a way of life that is friendly to the environment, supporting the use of the sources of energy,
- To bring its members in contact with Cyprus' natural and cultural heritage, so as to appreciate it and help preserve it,
- To exchang knwoledge and experiences with youth groups across the world and especially from the Mediterranean and Europe,
- To cooperate with other youth groups in Cyprus on youth issues, human rights, combating racism, xenophobia and homophobia, unemployment and drugs,
- To follow up on current events and state our views on issues of national itnerest, on foreign and internal affairs, and especially on environmental issues. If we deem such action necessary. To criticize actions towards any government or organisation if we feel it affects our society and life standards negatively.
Activities we undertake:
- Participation in Youth Projects (exchanges, seminars)
- Training and Informing on youth issues
- Participation in international youth and environmental conventions
- Training young people and children on environmental issues
- Ecological camping
- Beach cleanups
- Exploring our environment’s fauna and flora
169 Athalassa Ave.