Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be over 21 and a national of a NATO member country
- be a university student or a recent graduate (less than a year ago). If you are still studying, you must have completed at least 2 years of university study or equivalent
- be proficient in one of the official NATO languages (English/French)
How do I apply?
Apply online in April. You will need to submit: your application form, a CV and a covering letter.
There is only 1 call for applications each year: from April until July for the following year (start dates are in March and September). The exact dates are on the Programme webpage.
What do you get?
As well as being given interesting assignments and exciting opportunities, you will receive:
- a wage – €800 per month, subject to taxes. You can also try to get additional funding, such as scholarships or grants.
- travel costs – € 1,200 (for your trip to and from Belgium)
- leave – After 3 months, you will be entitled to 2.5 working days leave for every month of service you completed.