Eat better, feel better
The European Food Information Council suggests 10 tips for healthy eating:
- Eat a variety of foods
- Base your diet on plenty of foods rich in carbohydrates
- Enjoy plenty of fruits and vegetables
- Maintain a healthy body weight and feel good
- Eat moderate portions - reduce, don't eliminate foods
- Eat regularly
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Get on the move
- Start now! - and make changes gradually
- Remember, it is all about balance
Youth and Environment Europe (YEE) – the platform of European youth organisations that study nature or are active in environmental protection – gives examples of how you can eat in a more healthy way and positively influence your natural surrounding, at the same time.
A study conducted by HELENA (Healthy Lifestyle in Europe by Nutrition in Adolescents) concluded that young people understand the importance of healthy eating and know they don’t always eat as well as they should, but that they have difficulty in putting this into practice.