Service tools

Language selector

EU flag

Navigation path


Updated : 01/03/2017

Car insurance cover abroad – Luxembourg

If you have an accident, you are required by law to call the police to the scene of the accident, in the following circumstances:

  • if people are injured;
  • if the involved parties don't agree on the content of the accident statement;
  • if the traffic is disrupted because of the accident (cars on the street…);
  • if an animal was run over.

The procedure for claiming compensation from the other driver's insurance company includes filling out an accident declaration with the driver's and insurance contact details.

You do not have to use the official accident declaration form.

If you don't have an accident declaration form, you must note down the following facts while still at the scene of accident:

  • contact details of the drivers and their insurances
  • details about the cars (plate number, brand, …)
  • draw a sketch of the accident.

The minimum insurance coverage in Luxembourg is civil liability.

See main information on this topic
Car insurance cover abroad
Public consultations
    Need more information on rules in a specific country?
    Ask national administrations
    Need support from assistance services?
    Get help and advice