Available languages:

Doing business
Last checked : 07/07/2017

Driving licence renewal and exchange – Poland

Renew your driving licence

As an EU national living in Poland, you can renew a driving licence issued in another EU country at Starost officepl (district office) for a fee of PLN 100,50.

Replace a lost driving licence

If you lose your driving licence and need a replacement, you should contact the district authoritypl (starostwo powiatowe).

To exchange a driving licence issued by another EU country, you must provide the following documents:

  • an application for a replacement driving licence;
  • proof of payment of the fee for a driving licence or permit and the registration fee;
  • a clear, recent colour photograph measuring 3.5 x 4.5 cm. You should appear in three-quarter profile with your left ear visible and without dark glasses or a head covering. Your face should be uniformly lit. People with congenital or acquired visual impairments may attach a photograph of themselves in dark glasses, and people who cover their head for religious reasons may attach a photograph of themselves wearing a head covering, provided that such a photograph features on their ID document.
  • a photocopy of your driving licence;
  • a photocopy of your residence card, visa or other document confirming your right of residence in Poland or a certificate that you have been studying there for at least six months.

See main information on this topic

Need support from assistance services?

Get in touch with specialised assistance services

Share this page: