Driving licence renewal and exchange – Poland
Renew your driving licence
As an EU national living in Poland, you can renew a driving licence issued in another EU country at pl (district office) for a fee of PLN 100,50.
Replace a lost driving licence
If you lose your driving licence and need a replacement, you should contact the pl (starostwo powiatowe).
To exchange a driving licence issued by another EU country, you must provide the following documents:
- an application for a replacement driving licence;
- proof of payment of the fee for a driving licence or permit and the registration fee;
- a clear, recent colour photograph measuring 3.5 x 4.5 cm. You should appear in three-quarter profile with your left ear visible and without dark glasses or a head covering. Your face should be uniformly lit. People with congenital or acquired visual impairments may attach a photograph of themselves in dark glasses, and people who cover their head for religious reasons may attach a photograph of themselves wearing a head covering, provided that such a photograph features on their ID document.
- a photocopy of your driving licence;
- a photocopy of your residence card, visa or other document confirming your right of residence in Poland or a certificate that you have been studying there for at least six months.