Driving licence renewal and exchange – Czech Republic
Renew your driving licence
As an EU national living in the Czech Republic, if you want to renew a driving licence issued in another EU country, you can do so at your municipal authority, according to your place of habitual residence (or place of study) in the Czech Republic. The administrative fee is CZK 50 (issued in 20 days) or CZK 500 (issued in 5 days).
You don't need to undergo additional tests when you renew your licence but you are required to undergo a medical check 6 months before reaching the age of 65 and 68 or at the latest on your 65 or 68 birthday. Afterwards, you must undergo a medical check every two years.
Replace a lost driving licence
If you lose your driving licence, contact the Police of the Czech Republic.
To replace a driving licence which has been lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed, you must provide the following documents:
- the details about your driving licence,
- a valid identity document,
- if you don't have a permanent residence in the Czech Republic, you must provide documents proving your habitual residence in the Czech Republic,
- one passport photograph (size 35 x 45 mm),
- an affirmation that another EU country hasn't banned you from driving and your driver licence was not suspended or withdrawn, limited or conditioned,
- a prof of payment of the administrative fee.
Apply for a replacement licence as soon as possible.