Available languages:

Last checked : 05/07/2018

Company cars – United Kingdom

If you want to drive a company car registered in another EU country for more than 6 months in the United Kingdom, you can ask for an exemption from registration.

Your company has to apply for a P46 form from HMRC. HMRC will issue a customs relief form, which can be used to confirm the registration exemption as needed. In this case, you must have a contract that certifies your right to drive the car.

Further information on the notification of vehicle arrivals

Private use of your company car

You can drive your company car in the United Kingdom for private purposes, as long as it is clearly stated in your employment contract. HMRC must be notified by the employer of this entitlement.

Lending your company car to a family member

When you use your company car temporarily in the United Kingdom,you can lend it to your spouse or dependent children, as long as it is mentioned in your employment contract.

See main information on this topic

Need support from assistance services?

Get in touch with specialised assistance services

Share this page: