Available languages:

Last checked: 01/03/2018

Company cars – Sweden

If you want to drive a company car registered in another EU country for more than 12 months in Sweden, your company can ask for an exemption from registration at the responsible authority, the Swedish Transport Agency.

The general rule is that you can extend/resume the right to use the foreign registered car by going temporarily abroad and then back again to Sweden. In this case, you you must have a contract that certifies your right to drive the car.

Private use of your company car

You can only occasionally drive your company car in Sweden for private purposessv. Private use of the car has to be clearly permitted in your employment contract. The maximum use per year is 10 occasions and maximum 100 Swedish miles in total.

Lending your company car to a family member

When you use your company car temporarily in Sweden, you can lend it to your spouse or dependent children, as long as it is mentioned in your employment contract.

See main information on this topic

Need support from assistance services?

Get in touch with specialised assistance services

Share this page: