Available languages:

Last checked : 28/09/2017

Company cars – Spain

If you want to drive a company car registered in another EU country for more than 6 months in Spain, you have to register it there.

New or used means of transport have to be registered definitively in Spain when they are intended to be used on Spanish territory by persons or entities resident in Spain or who own establishments located in Spain (First Additional Provision of Law 38/1992 of 28 December 1992, the Excise Duty Act).

Private use of your company car

You can drive your company car in Spain for private purposes, as long as this is clearly stated in your employment contract.

Lending your company car to a family member

When you use your company car temporarily in Spain, you can lend it to your spouse or dependent children as long as this is stated in your employment contract.

See main information on this topic

Need support from assistance services?

Get in touch with specialised assistance services

Share this page: