Available languages:

Last checked: 28/09/2017

Company cars – France

If your company car belongs to a non-French company with no establishment in France and is registered in another European Union country, you may drive the car in France, provided this is for no longer than one year without any significant interruption. For longer periods, you will have to register it in France.

Private use of your company car

You may use your company car in France for private journeys as long as this is clearly authorised in your employment contract.

Lending your company car to a family member

When you use your company car temporarily in France, you may lend it to your spouse or dependent children as long as this is mentioned in your contract of employment.

See main information on this topic

Need support from assistance services?

Get in touch with specialised assistance services

Share this page: