Available languages:

Last checked : 05/07/2018

Company cars – Denmark

If you move to Denmark and have a car with foreign number plates, you need to register your car in Denmark no later than 30 days after having moved to the country.

If you are employed by a foreign business in another EU/EEA country or if you are self-employed having set up a business or working in another EU country, you can apply to be exempt from registration tax. However, it is a requirement that your vehicle is primarily used for business purposes abroad.

You can apply by email or regular post to the Danish tax authority about foreign company cars in Denmark

Private use of your company car

You can drive your company car in in Denmark for private purposes, as long as it is clearly stated in your employment contract.

Lending your company car to a family member

Members of your household may also use the car.

See main information on this topic

Need support from assistance services?

Get in touch with specialised assistance services

Share this page: