Available languages:

Last checked: 11/01/2018

Company cars – Belgium

If you want to drive a company car registered in another EU country for more than 6 months in Belgium, you can be exempted from registration.

In this case, you have to meet the following conditions:

  • use of the car for private purposes must stay secondary to its professional use
  • you must have a copy of the employement contract
  • you must have a document drawn up by the employer that certifies your right to drive the car

Private use of your company car

You can drive your company car in Belgium for private purposes, as long as it is clearly stated in your employment contract.

Lending your company car to a family member

When you use your company car temporarily in Belgium, you can lend it to your spouse or dependent children, as long as it is mentioned in your employment contract.

See main information on this topic

Need support from assistance services?

Get in touch with specialised assistance services

Share this page: