Available languages:

Doing business
Last checked: 24/04/2017

Driving licence loss, theft, replacement when on holiday – United Kingdom

If you lose your driving licence, contact the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA).

If, as an EU citizen, you lose your driving licence on holiday, you can obtain a "certificate of entitlement" with which you can continue your journey.

You can obtain the provisional document from the DVLA online.

Provisional documents / certificates replacing a lost driving licence issued by another EU country are recognised in the United Kingdom


See main information on this topic

Need support from assistance services?

Get in touch with specialised assistance services

Share this page: