Available languages:

Doing business
Last checked: 24/04/2017

Driving licence loss, theft, replacement when on holiday – Romania

If you lose your driving licence, contact the police office (local police) in whose jurisdiction you have lost your driving licence.

If, as an EU citizen, you lose your driving licence on holiday, you cannot obtain a provisional document or certificate to continue your journey.

Romanian authorities do not issue duplicates for driving licences issued by foreign authorities belonging to foreign persons temporarily present / in transit in Romania.

Provisional documents / certificates replacing a lost driving licence issued by another EU country are not recognised in Romania.

See main information on this topic

Need support from assistance services?

Get in touch with specialised assistance services

Share this page: