Available languages:

Doing business
Last checked: 24/04/2017

Driving licence loss, theft, replacement when on holiday – Portugal

If you lose your driving licence, contact the Local Police (Tourism Police Station) and/or the Consulate.

If, as an EU citizen, you lose your driving licence on holiday, you cannot obtain a provisional document or certificate to continue your journey.

Provisional documents / certificates replacing a lost driving licence issued by another EU country are not recognised in Portugal.


See main information on this topic

Need support from assistance services?

Get in touch with specialised assistance services

Share this page: