Available languages:

Doing business
Last checked : 24/04/2017

Driving licence loss, theft, replacement when on holiday – Finland

If you lose your driving licence, contact the local police to report the theft (and keep a copy of that report).

If, as an EU citizen, you lose your driving licence on holiday, you cannot obtain a provisional document or certificate to continue your journey. A duplicate driving licence will not be issued if you are permanently resident in another EU or ETA Member State. In such a case, you must apply to the appropriate authorities in your place of residence.

See main information on this topic

Need more information on rules in a specific country?

Need support from assistance services?

Get in touch with specialised assistance services

Share this page: