Available languages:

Doing business
Last checked: 24/04/2017

Driving licence loss, theft, replacement when on holiday – Bulgaria

Loss, theft and replacement of a motor vehicle driving licence in the Republic of Bulgaria

In the event of a motor vehicle driving licence being lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed, the holder must report the matter to the nearest office of the Ministry of the Interior within three days of its occurrence.

If, as an EU citizen, you lose your driving licence while on holiday, you cannot obtain a temporary document or certificate entitling you to drive a motor vehicle in order to continue your journey.

Temporary documents/certificates replacing a lost or stolen driving licence issued by another EU Member State are not recognised by the Republic of Bulgaria as entitling the holder to drive a motor vehicle.

See main information on this topic

Need support from assistance services?

Get in touch with specialised assistance services

Share this page: