Municipal elections – Czechia
Affected by Brexit?
As a foreign EU national you are entitled to vote and stand as a candidate in municipal elections in the Czech Republic if:
- you are 18 or over on the second election day
- you are registered for permanent residence in the Czech Republic as of the election day
- you have not been deprived of legal capacity to exercise your right to vote
- you are, upon your own request, listed in the addendum to the permanent election roll kept by the respective municipal authority.
You are eligible to vote in the municipal election in the Czech Republic if:
- your personal liberty has not been constrained due to serving a term of imprisonment
- your freedom of movement has not been constrained for the sake of protecting the public health
Voting in municipal elections is not compulsory.
As a foreign EU citizen you are not eligible to stand as a candidate to become a mayor, however, you may be elected as a member of the Municipal Council.