Available languages:

Doing business
Last checked: 27/11/2018

Reporting presence for short stays (<3 months) – Finland

EU citizens may reside in Finland for a maximum of three months without registering their residence if they hold a valid identity card or passport and they are not considered to pose a risk to public order and security.

EU citizens who reside in Finland for more than three months must register their stay with the service points of the Finnish Immigration Service.

Registering an EU citizen's right of residence

Non-EU family members of EU citizen residing in Finland for over three months must apply for a residence card for EU citizens' family members. They must apply for the residence card within three months of entering the country.

Registrating a family member of an EU citizen

See main information on this topic

Need support from assistance services?

Get in touch with specialised assistance services

Share this page: