Service tools

Language selector

EU flag

Navigation path


Updated : 26/04/2017

Registering your non-EU family members in another EU country – Cyprus

Your family members who are not EU nationals must register their residence within 4 months of arrival.

To obtain a residence card they will need:

  • valid Passport or identity card, and copies of it
  • the registration certificate of the EU citizen whom they are accompanying or joining
  • for spouses of EU citizens: proof of existence of a family tie
  • direct descendants under 21 and those of your spouse or partner: proof of existence of a family tie and proof that they are under 21
  • direct descendants over 21 and dependent direct relatives in the ascenting line and those of your spouse or the partner: proof of existence of a family tie, and that these family members and dependents
  • for other family members of EU citizens: a document issued by the relevant authority in the country of origin or country they are coming from certifying that they are dependants or members of the household of the EU citizen, or proof on the existence of serious health grounds which make the care of the family member by the EU citizen absolutely necessary, or proof of the existence of a long-term relationship with the Union citizen
  • two passport-sized photographs

The residence card is valid for 5 years.

More information on the Civil Registry and Migration Department website .

Check with the authorities responsible for issuing residence cards:

Civil Registry and Migration Department

1457, Nicosia

tel: +357 22403919, +357 22403926, +357 22804477

fax: +357 22403961


Need more information on rules in a specific country?
Ask national administrations
Need support from assistance services?
Get help and advice