Available languages:

Doing business
Last checked: 26/11/2018

Registering EU family members in another EU country – Czechia

As EU citizens, your family members don't need to register their residence upon arrival in the Czech Republic.

They can however apply for a certificate of temporary residence if they intend to stay in the Czech Republic for more than 3 months. This is not an obligation.

To register your residence you should go to the offices of the Ministry of the Interior .

Their application for a certificate of temporary residence is to be filed on the appropriate form .

For such applications, family members of an EU citizen, who are themselves EU citizens and intend to temporarily stay in the Czech Republic for a period longer than 3 months together with an EU citizen, will also need:

For more information, check with the authorities responsible for issuing registration certificates:

See main information on this topic

Need support from assistance services?

Get in touch with specialised assistance services

Share this page: