Registering EU family members in another EU country – Cyprus
Your family members who are also EU citizens must register their residence within 4 months of arrival.
They will need these documents:
- valid Passport or identity card, and copies of it
- the registration certificate of the EU citizen whom they are accompanying or joining
- for spouses of EU citizens: proof of existence of a family tie
- direct descendants under 21 and those of your spouse or partner: proof of existence of a family tie, and proof they are under 21
- direct descendants over 21 and dependent direct relatives in the ascending line and those of your spouse or partner: proof of the existence of a family tie
- for other family members of EU citizens: a document issued by the relevant authority in the country of origin or country they are coming from certifying that they are dependants or members of the household of the EU citizen, or proof of the existence of serious health grounds which make the care of the family member by the EU citizen absolutely necessary, or proof of the existence of a long-term relationship with the Union citizen
- two passport-sized photographs
The registration certificate has no expiry date.
More information on the Civil Registry and Migration Department website.
Check with the authorities responsible for issuing registration certificates:
Civil Registry and Migration Department
tel: +357 22403919, +357 22403926, +357 22804477
fax: +357 22403961