Access to finance
This site will help you to apply for loans and venture capital supported by the European Union.
Select your country to search for financial opportunities.
How it works
Who is eligible for EU funding?
EU Funding is available for all types of companies of any size and sector including entrepreneurs, start-ups, micro companies, small and medium-sized enterprises, and larger businesses. A wide range of financing is available: business loans, microfinance, guarantees and venture capital. Every year the EU supports more than 200 000 businesses.
How it works
The decision to provide EU financing will be made by the local ﬁnancial institutions such as banks, venture capitalists or angel investors. Thanks to the EU support the local financial institutions can provide additional financing to businesses.
The exact ﬁnancing conditions – the amount, duration, interest rates and fees – are determined by these ﬁnancial institutions. You can contact one of over 1000 financial institutions to find out more.
Your right for credit feedback
You have a right to get feedback from credit institutions on their credit decision. This can help you understand your financial position and improve your chances to obtain financing in the future. Use your right and refer to Article 431 of the EU Capital Requirements Regulation .
- Guarantees to small and medium-sized enterprises for loans mainly up to EUR 150 000.
- Equity (growth and expansion stage).
InnovFin Programme (Horizon 2020)
- Loans and guarantees to innovative businesses.
- Financing of research & development projects.
- Equity (early and start-up phase).
The SME instrument offers funding and coaching support to innovative SMEs (Phase 1: Concept & Feasibility, Phase 2: Demonstration, Market Replication and R&D, Phase 3: Commercialisation).
- Loans to small and medium-sized enterprises in the cultural and creative sectors.
- Microloans up to EUR 25 000 to micro-enterprises and to vulnerable persons who wish to set up or develop a micro-company.
- Investments up to EUR 500 000 to social enterprises.
European Structural and Investment Funds (ESI funds)
- Loans, guarantees, equity financing or business grants.
Support is provided from multi-annual programmes co-ﬁnanced by the EU.
- Business loans, microfinance, guarantees and venture capital.