My advice is to buy and to eat local fish because we have good fish in Romania. And beyond sustainability, this is the way to have fresh fish on your plate!
- Serving: 2 persons
- Preparation: 20 minutes, 40 minutes in total
- Difficulty: easy
- 2 perch fillet
- 150 g spinach
- 100 g baby potatoes
- 30 g butter
- 1 lemon
- olive oil
- 1 onion
- 10 g flour
Preparation of the perch fillet
- Fillet the fish.
- Add some salt, pepper and flour (take care as the perch fillet is very delicate).
- Put some olive oil in a pan and then fry the fish fillet - one minute each side.
- When the fish is done, turn off the heat and add some butter to the pan.
- It’s very important to add the butter directly from the fridge and melt it in the pan. Add some lemon juice at the end.
Preparation of the sautéed spinach
- In a very large pot or casserole dish, heat the olive oil and sauté the garlic and onion at medium heat for about 1 minute, but not until it's browned.
- Add all the spinach, salt, and pepper to the pot, toss it with the garlic and oil and cook for 2 minutes.
Preparation of the baby potatoes
- Boil the baby potatoes and fry them for approx. 1 minute in a pan.
- Tip: Put some olive oil in a glass and add some basil leaves (or green leaves). After a few minutes, the oil will have a special flavour.