Cities and communities in the 21st century are facing common challenges ranging from air pollution to waste management and urban mobility. Data-driven and IoT-enabled urban services can be a solution to these common challenges, but a major challenge is the scale-up of locally developed services to replicate successful solutions with similar challenges in other cities and communities.
This session brings together cities and experts who are reducing these market barriers through the SynchroniCity project. In an open and collaborative environment, participants will hear best practices from frontrunner cities and will discuss:
- the benefits of an active innovation ecosystem for cities & communities
- how to stimulate such an ecosystem
- why city networking in the digital transformation is crucial
- the role open standards for digital interoperability and procurement of digital services.
- how to move towards a digital single market for cities and communities.
SynchroniCity is an IoT Large-Scale Pilot supported by the European Union’s Horizon 2020. In SynchroniCity, 33 SMEs are leading , 50 IoT-enabled services across 19 cities, who have agreed on a common and minimal technical baseline.
Greet Brosens, Thomas Gilbert, Sofia Peres
A smarter Europe
ENoLL - European Network of Living Labs, Future Cities Catapult, Open and Agile Smart Cities
Building SQUARE - Brussels Convention Centre, Room Hall 400.
Address: Mont des Arts, 1000 Brussels