Interreg Project Slam 2019
Interact has selected eight amazing Interreg projects and challenged them to innovatively showcase just how great
they are. We have challenged them to show what it's all about by using art, music, videos and storytelling.
You can find out more about our finalists, by watching their performances :
- Interreg North Sea Region Programme, 2IMPREZS
- Interreg MED, ARISTOIL
- Interreg Austria-Czech Republic, Healthacross for future
- Interreg Sweden - Denmark - Norway, Jobb på tvärs
- Interreg Spain-France-Andorra (POCTEFA), OPCC2
- Interreg Greece - Bulgaria, MEDICINET II
- Interreg SUDOE, SAMT SUDOE
- Interreg NPA, APP4SEA
Four awards were presented by Juraj Droba, Chairman of the Bratislava Self-Governing Region, three for the top performances at the slam. The winners were:
- 1st place – 2IMPREZS, Interreg North Sea Region
- 2nd place – ARISTOIL, Interreg MED
- 3rd place – Healthacross for future, Interreg Austria-Czech Republic.
The eight finalists also competed for a social media award, seeking the most likes on Interact’s Facebook page. Interreg Sudoe’s SAMT Sudoe won the social media award securing over 2,000 likes.
Take away message
The North Sea Region's 2IMPREZS project emerged victorious at the 2019 Project Slam, which took place at the 2019 European Week of Regions and Cities. The judges, our audience in the Silver Hall, backed 2IMPREZS and their impressive work to reduce energy consumption.
2IMPREZS implements a joint energy saving programme in 141 schools across the North Sea Region, with a target of reducing energy consumption by 15%. Two students from Puurs, Belgium, explained how they had actually achieved a 22% reduction in energy consumption.