The Climate Pact of the European Green Deal, which will be launched in 2020, will focus on the promotion of stakeholder engagement. Many local authorities are already involving citizens and local stakeholders in co-creation processes to both design and implement climate and energy strategies. The workshop will highlight successful examples of the European Energy Award (eea) network and will present an opportunity to discuss different concepts, ideas and on-the-ground experiences of how to engage with citizens and other stakeholders.
- Welcome (5 min)
Charlotte Spörndli, Association eea
- Keynote speech: Climate Pacts under the European Green Deal (15 min)
Elena Visnar Malinovska, DG Clima
- Successful examples of stakeholder engagement from existing Climate Pacts in Luxembourg (15 min)
Robert Leven, ClimatePact/eea municipality of Hesperange (Luxembourg)
- Round table of ideas for citizen engagement (45 min)– CoME EASY Stakeholder Engagement Guidelines;
Chiara Tavella, CoME EASY coordinator/SPES Consulting (Italy)
– Ideas from the Smart City Guidance Package
Maria Sanguiliano – Smart Venice (Italy)
– Citizen engagement in the development of Climate Action Plans
Frédéric Praillet, IMPLEMENT partner/APERe (Wallonia, Belgium)
– Discussion and Q&A
Lucie Blondel, CoM Office
Charlotte Spörndli, General Manager, Association European Energy Award, Belgium.
Lucie Blondel, Head of Office, CoM Office, Belgium.
Robert Leven, Municipal councilor, Municipality of Hesperange (LU), Luxembourg.
Frédéric Praillet, IMPLEMENT Partner, APERe, Belgium.
Chiara Tavella, CoME EASY coordinator, SPES Consulting, Italy.
Elena Visnar Malinovska, Head of Unit, DG Clima, Belgium.
Association European Energy Award AISBL, Bond Beter Leefmilieu Vlaanderen VZW, SPES Consulting