Programme at a glance
|Monday 7/10||2:30-4:30 pm : Opening Session , European Parliament’s hemicycle|
5:30 pm : Citizens’ Dialogue, the Square
7:00 pm onwards: Opening reception with Atlantic regional tasting,
Square Agora Village
|Wednesday 9/10||6:30 pm: Partners’ reception, the Square |
8:00 pm: REGIOSTARS Ceremony, the Square
Followed by reception with Central regional tasting, Square Agora Village
|Thursday 10/10||2:00 pm: Closing Ceremony, the Square|
As part of the 17th European Week of Regions and Cities, the 7th Master Class on EU Cohesion Policy will be held for 30 PhD students and early-career researchers in the field of regional and urban policy.
[APQ] It is organised and led by the European Commission's DG for Regional and Urban Policy (DG REGIO), the European Committee of the Regions (CoR) and RSA Europe, the European foundation funded by the Regional Studies Association, in cooperation with the European Regional Science Association (ERSA), the Association of European Schools of Planning (AESOP), and the European Parliament’s Research Service (EPRS).
The Master Class is a unique format to connect aspiring researchers to the making and implementation of EU Cohesion Policy. It will include presentations of papers by the participants as well as lectures and panel debates with policy-makers, EU officials and senior academics to improve understanding of and research on EU Cohesion Policy.
The participants will present their final papers related to one of these themes:
- The Future of the EU and the roles of the Regions and Cities #EUBudget #Cohesion #Post2020 #ERDF #Subsidiarity #Democracy #Demography #InternationalCompetition #Digitalization
- A Europe Closer to Citizens #TerritorialCohesion #Cooperation #People #Places #Urban #Rural #LocalCommunities #Migration #AdministrativeCapacity
- A Greener Europe #EnergyTransition #ClimateChangeAdaptation #CircularEconomy #RiskManagement #EuropeanSolidarityFund
All papers will be summarised in a ‘book of papers’, which will be at the disposal of all involved in the Master Class in the second half of September. Participation to the sessions is reserved to the involved stakeholders.
7th Master Class on EU Cohesion Policy
The University workshops present new research on regional and urban development. They foster an exchange of views and testing of new academic concepts in the field of regional and urban policies between academics, practitioners, EU officials and other interested participants. The University facilitates the creation of networking links between students, academics, EU institutions and regional partners and raises awareness of EU cohesion policy among students and young researchers.
The workshops focus on new research on regional and urban development, with renowned academics and researchers in the field of EU cohesion policy and related policies from different European countries.
Sessions opened for registrations are:
- #EURegionsWeek UNIVERSITY: Territorialising EU Cohesion Policy to bring it closer to citizens
- #EURegionsWeek UNIVERSITY: Shrinking Rural Regions and Spatial Justice
- #EURegionsWeek UNIVERSITY: Co-creation of Public Services: Challenges and Opportunities in Theory and Practice
- #EURegionsWeek UNIVERSITY: Circular Economy Transitions in European Regions and Cities
- #EURegionsWeek UNIVERSITY: Transforming cities into arenas for healthy ageing
- #EURegionsWeek UNIVERSITY: Global Talents, Immigration Policy and Regional Innovation
- #EURegionsWeek UNIVERSITY: Citizen Entrepreneurship: Towards involvement, inclusion and integration of citizens in entrepreneurial Europe
- #EURegionsWeek UNIVERSITY: The importance of networks in regional economic smart specialisation policies
- #EURegionsWeek UNIVERSITY: The regional socio-economic impact of the 4th industrial revolution
- #EURegionsWeek UNIVERSITY: Maximising the Contribution of Universities to Regional Innovation – Lessons and Toolkits for Policymaking