Media representatives are invited to join the dedicated media programme and cover the multitude of workshops and key events. This is a unique chance to join the largest and most influential annual event on regional and urban development in the European Union, connecting politicians, academics, experts and citizens with an interest in EU Cohesion Policy.
The organisers offer:
- a programme dedicated to the press;
- interview opportunities with top officials from EU institutions and Member States;
- a guided tour of a EU-funded project in Brussels;
- videos/sound bites and photos free of charge and copyright (the European Commission and the European Committee of the Regions should be credited).
Registrations for journalists are open until Friday 28 September, 17.00. Interested media should email email@example.com.
It is not possible to register on-site during the event. Only journalists already accredited with the European institutions ("yellow badge") will be able to sign up on-site.
The Commission supports the development of the next generation of journalists interested in Regional Policy. In this context each year we invite Europeans studying journalism and young journalists to apply for the Youth4Regions programme. This year 19 young Europeans with a passion for journalism have been selected to take part in a dedicated programme during the European Week of Regions and Cities. They will receive training and work together with experienced journalists from around the EU.
These articles have been edited by Bruna Tomsic and José Manuel Cuevas.
Find below their articles on this experience!:
- Digital Cities Challenge: A step to Achieve Digital Development in Europe
- The Road Trip Project: Young People Experiencing Europe
- How does the future of EU healthcare look like?
- Impressions from the first day of 2018 European Week Regions and Cities
- Opening of the 2018 European Week Regions and Cities: "forming a united whole"
General coordination information, contact for participants
Main contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
European Commision - DG REGIO
+32 (0)2 2968730
European Committee of the Regions
+32 (0)494 735787