What is it?
The European Week of Regions and Cities (#EURegionsWeek) is the biggest annual Brussels-based event dedicated to cohesion policy.
It has grown to become a neutral platform to discuss common challenges for Europe's regions and cities by bringing together a diverse community of speakers and participants.
In 2022 reached a record number of almost 20.000 participants, 272 sessions and 528 partners.
What is the purpose of the EURegionsWeek?
- To discuss common challenges for Europe's regions and cities and examine possible solutions by bringing together politicians, decision-makers, experts and practitioners of cohesion policy, as well as stakeholders from business, banking, civil society organisations, academia, the EU institutions and the media
- To provide a platform for capacity-building, learning and exchange of experience and good practice for those implementing EU cohesion policy and managing its financial instruments
- To facilitate cooperation and networking between regions and cities
- To feed into the debate on EU cohesion policy in a wider context, including recent research and views from third countries and international organisations
Who can participate?
The European Week of Regions and Cities and its events are aimed at:
- European, national, regional and local government officials and experts in the field of managing and evaluating cohesion policy programmes;
- Representatives of private companies, financial institutions, European and national associations
- Members of the European Committee of the Regions and the European Parliament, national, regional and local politicians, including young elected politicians (YEPs)
- Academics, researchers, postgraduate students and practitioners in the field of European cohesion policy
- Members of the public who want to express their views and contribute to the debate on the future of Europe and their regions and cities
- Journalists from European, national, regional and local media
Who can become event partner?
The Guide for partners 2023 will be soon available on the Partner section
Greening our event
The European Week of Regions and Cities aims to be as sustainable and carbon neutral as possible. It is a paperless and plastic-free event.
In line with the EU Eco-Management and Audit Scheme, the event organisers and partners are encouraged to use environment-friendly materials before and during the event.