Press facilities

Press facilities

Accreditation procedures for journalists and media professionals

Journalists, camera crews and photographers – based in Brussels or elsewhere – require accreditation to access the EU institutions. Press accreditation can be permanent or temporary (for traineeships and replacements) and special accreditation may also be required for security reasons (for example, during European Council meetings).

EU Press pass – Permanent accreditation

The European Parliament, Council and European Commission have a joint scheme for permanent accreditation. Accreditation is granted by the Commission's Communications DG (DG COMM) upon the recommendation of an accreditation advisory committee that also includes representatives of the International Press Association (IPA), Council and Parliament.

Other accreditation options and accreditation for visiting journalists

Back to top