The translation department of the European Commission is organising the 4th edition of the Translating Europe Forum, focusing this year on translators’ skills and employability.
Representatives of all sides of the European translation community are welcome to debate the following topics:
- What skills do young and established translators need to master in order to thrive in the business?
- Are there sets of ‘new skills’ corresponding to changing/emerging market needs?
- What are the new profiles needed in the language industry?
- How can translators keep up to date and find the right training at the right time?
- What are the specific skills required to master translation tools and technologies?