The aim of the event is to raise awareness about how financial instruments can help deliver the objectives of the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD), especially in the fields of agriculture, agri-food, forestry and rural entrepreneurship. The conference will be opened by Mr Phil Hogan, Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development.
In this conference, participants can expect to get an overview on:
- how EAFRD financial instruments have progressed so far
- what support options are available for agriculture and rural development
- how the EAFRD can be better used to improve growth and productivity
- in which way EU Member States are using or planning to use EAFRD financial instruments
- EU Member States’ perspectives on the development of their agricultural and agri-food economies through EAFRD financial instruments