The conference will address nature-based societal functions between science, business, society and politicians. It will provide a platform to present and discuss the most recent innovations, trends, and concerns as well as practical challenges encountered and solutions adopted in the following fields:
- blue-green infrastructure in smart cities
- nature inspired material science
- integrated water treatment through natural systems
- ecosystem protection and information and communication technologies (ICT)
- ecological restoration through eco-innovation
This conference, in which the European Commission is taking part, is planned as a flagship conference under the Estonian presidency of the Council of the EU.