EU Datathon is a competition intended to highlight the potential of linking EU and national data as well as to promote the reuse of open data. The final conference of this event will take place in Brussels on 2 October 2018.
Participants are invited to develop apps using at least one dataset produced by the EU institutions or agencies, available on the EU Open Data Portal. The apps can compete in one of the following four thematic challenges:
- EU open data – For more innovation in Europe
- National and EU law – Make legislation interoperable
- EU public procurement – Value for citizens, value for businesses
- European Food Safety Authority – Fostering data reuse and innovation
- 15 July: Submission of projects
- 27 July: Notification of shortlisted teams
- 23 September: Submission of applications
- 2 October: Final conference in Brussels
The event is organised by the Publications Offices, in partnership with the Directorate-General for internal market, industry, entrepreneurship and SMEs, the European Data Portal, the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA), the European Legislation Identifier (ELI) Task Force and the ISA² programme.