Enhancing the environmental and climate ambition of the EU farming sector is one centerpiece of the latest European Commission's proposal for the reform of the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP).The theme of the seminar are the policy and research implications of these heightened environmental and climate ambitions.
The Commission department for Agriculture and Rural Development (DG AGRI) and the Joint Research Centre (JRC) are supporting the European Association of Agricultural Economists (EAAE) in the organisation of this seminar.
This seminar will aim at:
- discussing the economics-policy nexus of agriculture and the environment in the context of the CAP post-2020
- promoting discussions on current and future aspects of the CAP
- enhancing the understanding of opportunities and limits of CAP environmental and climate ambition
- analysing the policy design and impact of agri-environmental and climate-friendly practices
- providing a platform to foster direct discussions between the academia and policymakers
- identifying areas of policy action and further research needs