31 May - 2 June 2021
From 31 May to 2 June 2021, the European Union partnered with The Hotel Show at the Dubai World Trade Centre during the F&B Stakeholders Summit. Over the 3-day event, around 300 F&B professionals attended The Chef’s Table, a live cooking competition between 9 UAE hotels. Each team was tasked with re-creating a fine-dining experience, using a variety of fresh and trusted food and beverage products from all over Europe. All products were sourced from EU producers and selected by Chef Uwe Micheel, who oversaw the judging panel for the competition.
Summit attendees also had the chance to attend panel discussions on the major challenges and opportunities facing the F&B industry:
- In conversation with Naim Maadad, Chief Executive & Board Member, Gates Hospitality & Dubai Restaurants Group
- Re-opening the culinary landscape: Resilient qualities of successful restaurants
- Better, faster, now: More responsive restaurant planning, design and operation
- Value, not voucher: Becoming more effective at guiding, informing and communicating culinary experiences
- Overcoming supply chain disruption and guaranteeing fresh ingredients
Among the panellists, Taina Sateri, First Trade Counsellor, EU Delegation in the UAE, reiterated the added value of safety and quality checks from farm to fork.