Interoperability with Europass
Information on interoperability between Europass and other education, training and labour market providers.
Europass is an EU framework that aims to support communication of information on skills and qualifications to support a more effective and efficient labour market and education and training system. Europass offers a range of tools and information, and seeks to establish interoperability and synergies with other learning, employment, information and career services to offer a more effective and user-friendly experience service to their users.
What can Europass offer?
Europass interoperability aims to support the exchange of CVs and profiles, and information on job and learning opportunities, and qualifications, including digital- credentials. By enabling easier flow of data between different service providers Europass aims to offer benefits to its users of other platforms and services.
Europass data model
The Europass data model facilitates the semantic interoperability of the different components of Europass with other platforms/services.
The data model describes the specific vocabulary to express the information in a number of Europass components:
This vocabulary is defined according to XML schema and can be accessed in the technical page for each component (by clicking on “get started” in the interoperability components cards).
The Commission is developing further interoperability between Europass and other learning, employment, information and career services.
Learning opportunities and qualifications
Europass includes a large selection of learning opportunities (courses and qualifications from levels 3 – 8 on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)) which is available for Europass users to choose from based on their needs, skills and interests. Users can search for courses by subject and location of their choice. The possibility to publish learning opportunities and qualifications on Europass is only available to the relevant national authorities in countries that participate in Europass.
- Get exposure to a larger audience, by showcasing learning opportunities and qualifications in the ‘Find courses’ function of the new Europass.
- Increase the quality of your data, by adapting to a new schema that will allow your organisation to structure your metadata and annotate it with machine-readable information.
Europass Digital Credentials
Europass will also enable people to receive Europass Digital Credentials, which are trust-worthy, digital records of learning achievements such as qualifications and diplomas. Europass Digital Credentials are signed by an issuing education and training institution and so have the same legal value as paper-based credentials. Receiving Europass credentials is fast and simple. Read more on receiving, issuing and verifying Europass Digital Credentials.
- Issue digital credentials: Reduce the cost of issuing secure credentials, eliminate administrative work involved in verifying credentials, and get the automatic support of EU recognition instruments and data privacy best practices.
- Receive digital credentials: Be more efficient in processing recruitment applications as digital credentials are standardised and paperless, automatically detect tampered or fake credentials, and increase the transparency of credentials.
- Integrate tools from the European Commission to issue, store, verify and view credentials in your existing software in a format supported across all EU and EEA Member States and compatible with other wallet services.
User Profiles and CVs
Europass users, can re-use their information from their Europass profile on other platforms, as well as import information from profiles on other platforms to Europass. Other features are being developed to support users to submit applications directly to employers, recruiters and education and training institutions.
This re-use of information between Europass and other services makes it very simple to transfer and update information on Europass, so that the Europass profile acts as an up-to-date source of information on user’s skills and qualifications. Europass operates on the strict principle that users own and control all their data.
- Easy exchange of information between platforms: users avoid inputting the same information in different platforms and they have the possibility to re-use information from your platform to create a Europass CV or profile.
- Establishes a relationship with a widely recognised European service
Who can become interoperable with Europass?
Europass interoperability services are open to platforms operating in the digital labour market that maintain data such as CVs, profiles, digital credentials, qualifications, learning and job opportunities and are willing to collaborate with a European service.
Contact us to get further information or to express interest in becoming interoperable with Europass.